Sunday, January 08, 2006

My Story Had a Moment-- Robin

I’m going to pull my hair out. My middle grade story,
the one that’s been requested by Dutton, the one that
I’ve been avoiding like the plague, has finally had
one of those Oprah “aha” moments. It’s weird how
something you’ve been working on for three years
becomes its own entity: “my story.” It’s no longer me
just writing. I’m exorcising the demons. Get this
story out of me! AAAGGGHH!
Anyways, my story’s “aha” moment came tonight when I
finally discovered what the climactic moment should
be, and I finally figured out what that moment should
include.
I didn’t write the moment, and I don’t know the
details of the moment, but I just know I’m going to
have one. And it’s going to be great!
Too bad the editors at Candlewick didn’t know about my
great moment when they sent me that form rejection
letter this week.
Their loss.
Now, if I could just figure out what the details of
that loss are, I’d stop pulling my hair out.
-Robin

No comments: